Southie Autonomy Works (SAW) is changing the way people use and interact with collaborative robots, making flexible automation available to any size business and production scale. Located at MassRobotics in the Seaport, SAW is developing a novel interaction paradigm using robot AI and augmented reality and we are looking to grow the team:
Seeking Robotics Engineering Interns:
- Extensive experience with ROS: C++ nodes, messages, services, actionlibs, roslaunch
- Extensive experience with Git (GitHub, BitBucket)
- Basic understanding of robot kinematics and related tools and libraries (Eigen, TF)
- Basic understanding of point cloud and mesh libraries (PCL, VTK)
- Willingness to debug networking, memory, and/or performance problems over the full stack
- Ability to document and communicate technical work plans
- Ability to work well in teams as well as execute individually
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with 3D perception and camera calibration
- Knowledge and experience with robot arm planning and control
Based in Boston, this is a great opportunity to get involved with an early stage startup and make an impact developing an innovative new product that makes robotics accessible to more people. SAW is looking for highly-motivated individuals that are passionate about robotics and are able to learn new concepts and methods quickly. The right team member will be able to clearly communicate goals and expectations with the rest of the team as well as be able to work independently. Self-motivation and respect for other members of the team are key team attributes here at SAW.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your qualifications and a brief message about why you are excited about a startup in the collaborative robotics space and where you see yourself within that space.